Battyeford CE (C) Primary School Behaviour Policy
1. Policy statement
Battyeford CE (C) Primary School is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning. Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same. Our behaviour policy guides staff to teach self-discipline not blind compliance. It echoes our core values with a heavy emphasis on respectful behaviour, a partnership approach to managing poor conduct and dynamic interventions that support staff and learners.
2. Aim of the policy
- To create a culture of exceptionally good behaviour: for learning, for community for life
- To ensure that all learners are treated fairly, shown respect and to promote good relationships.
- To refuse to give learners attention and importance for poor conduct
- To help learners take control over their behaviour and be responsible for the consequences of it.
- To build a community which values kindness, care, good humour, good temper, obedience and empathy for others.
- To promote community cohesion through improved relationships.
- To ensure that excellent behaviour is a minimum expectation for all.
3. Purpose of the policy
To provide simple, practical procedures for staff and learners that:
- Recognise behavioural norms
- Positively reinforces behavioural norms
- Promote self-esteem and self-discipline
- T each appropriate behaviour through positive interventions
The Battyeford Behaviour Blueprint has been created as a daily aide-memoire to underpin routines and expectations that all adults stand together on. Its aim is to ensure all staff have a consistent approach to dealing with behaviour in school.
Policy review: September 2020.